Social media is constantly evolving at the speed of light and nonprofits are often left in the dust. Small staffs, limited budgets, and lack of knowledge or support leads many nonprofits to be floundering in the social media solar system.
Today’s workforce is currently made up of a staggering 43% of millennials – an age bracket more willing to give back through monetary gifts and volunteering. These individuals are all on social media platforms and want to know where they can give their money & time.
We’ve gathered some of the brightest social media facts for nonprofits to share with your teams on the importance of having an effective social media strategy.
- Video is taking social media to a new level with 70% of what you see and hear is remembered.
- GivingTuesday 2014 raised 63% more than 2013 & $53,000,000 was raised on May 6th 2014 during Give Local America.
- 60% of millennials donate an average of $481 to nonprofits each year.
- 19.8% of nonprofit event registrations occur on mobile devices.
- 80% of viewers recall watching a video ad up to 30 days after seeing it.
At Jupiter Production House we strive to support and empower nonprofits with all things social media from campaign creation, measurement, strategy, content, and more. Contact us on how we can help your nonprofit achieve your social media goals today.
Do these statistics help your social media plan?