We’re here to help nonprofits, creatives, and entrepreneurs with their social strategy, content management, and graphic creation.
You’ve heard the importance of social media for the growth of your organization or business, but with so many platforms how do you juggle it all. Our clients often ask us which tools are best used for scheduling, creating graphics, reporting, hosting contests, and more. At Jupiter Production House we know the importance of using social media strategically and with an affordable budget.
We’ve compiled our favorite tools (yes, some are free!) that we use in house at JPH and with each of our clients.
- Hootsuite – With both a free and paid version ($9.95/month) there’s many perks to Hootsuite. We love being able to schedule Twitter and LinkedIn posts easily. If you chose the paid option the report is pretty detailed. We also adore their resource library full of tips & tricks for using Hootsuite.
- Sprout Social – A paid social media management tool that is worth your money. We love having keywords saving for monitoring engagement, tracking use of hashtags, and their reporting is fantastic.Sprout Social does allow you to send and receive Instagram comments as well as see analytics.
- Canva – We can’t say enough good things about Canva, the tool for creating beautiful graphics quickly. You can upload your own images to use, use a huge library of free graphics, or pay as little as $1.00. Their Design School is top notch and will enhance your graphic design skills.
- Tailwind – This Pinterest scheduling and reporting app is a favorite in our office. We love using Tailwind to schedule posts for contents, campaigns, and search out top influencers. With a free version and paid versions starting at $9.99/month there’s something for each budget.
- Woobox – Our favorite contest or sweepstakes app for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and more. Contests are great ways to increase awareness, engagement, sales, and they also offer help with Facebook ads. There is a free version available that allows integration with Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Directr – We are a proud Andriod office, but every now and again we get iPhone app envy and that’s the case with Directr for Business. We love the storyboard and ability to easily move around frames. We’re waiting on pins and needles for the app to be in Google Play.
- Google Drive – Simply put: our holy grail. We use Drive for creating all our content calendars, creating reports, and master calendar with holidays and events. We love that we can share folders with clients or internally so that everyone knows what’s going on.
- Social Mention – One of our favorite tools that scours the Internet of Things to discover who is talking about you, how often, and more. We love that you can search based on video, images, or blogs. Search trending tops or set up alerts to get the best use of this free tool.
- Buffer – We source a lot of content for JPH and our clients and love an app that allows us to schedule posts when we find content gold. With Buffer’s Chrome extension we can add an image, link, or video to our queue. You can customize the queue for what fits your audience and there’s a free version for up to 3 social accounts.
- Bityl – With 70% of website traffic coming from smartphones, short links are important to getting your audience to click through to your website. Bityl has analytics to track where your clicks are coming from and and you can see who is saving your links for later.
What are your favorite social media tools?